Friday, October 26, 2012

INTERVIEWS

This semester has been pretty insane. My life has been consumed by interviews lately. First rounds were late September and early October, and the past couple weeks have been mostly final rounds.

I have gone through a few final round interviews already. A couple have been in Boston, but I just got back from one in New York City just yesterday. It is nice to have interviews in NYC because the firms treat you very well. They let you expense everything and put you up in a hotel. They also pay for all of your travel expenses. It is definitely great treatment.

I had a great interview experience yesterday. They gave us a great presentation and nice breakfast. Then after our interviews, they had a great networking session and amazing lunch at Pampano. It was definitely a great experience.

Interviews have ranged in difficulty. Technical interviews are always more difficult, but I have enjoyed going through the processes. It is definitely nice to meet new people and make connections.

I still have a couple final rounds to finish including PWC in New York, but I am waiting to hear back from a few good firms like Deloitte and KPMG. I am hoping for good news, but it is definitely nerve-wracking to wait. It is even worse than anticipation and studying for the interviews.

Having classes at the same time has definitely not been easy. It is really a challenge juggling both, especially since you have to miss some classes due to interview schedules. Keeping up is really important.

This weekend should be nice and relaxing due to Halloween parties. I also will be attending the football game against Maryland this Saturday, so it should be a nice breather. At the same time, I really need to study and catch up on some work too. Between work, school, clubs, and interviews, it definitely has been a hectic semester.

My hope is that it will be all worth it in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment